Agony of being Me: Distant

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Distant

Your green eyes are so distant,
What worries are consuming you?
Drawn to memories of the past?
I know they are haunting me too.

So bright I know you once were,
Full of life, overcoming your fears.
Now the dark is taking over,
All I see are mascara stained tears.

Your distance keeps growing colder,
Is all lost with your pain?
Black poison enters your system,
Those green eyes dilate again.

Mocking synthetic heat takes over,
You crawl inside your personal abyss,
Killing that desolate monster inside.
I can not look at all the hours you miss.

You are not dead, I know you are just lost.
We will  not leave you forever in the dark.
With much effort the agony will subside,
The scars will only leave their tiny mark.

My green eyes are so distant.

No comments:

Post a Comment